Back in August I decided to make something a little bit different on my sewing machine. After seeing people using nail painting cushions on Instagram I decided to make my own and here is the result.
I’m very new to sewing so this isn’t perfect but I’m happy with how it came out. I made it using part of an old Doctor who duvet cover!
Here is a picture of it with polish in it.Here is a picture with my hand so you can see the size of it.
I’ve found this really useful for painting my nails on the sofa (which I didn’t do before I made this) and you don’t have to worry about knocking the bottle over.
Making this involved a lot of trial and error when trying to work out how to make the compartments that hold the polish bottles and making them the right size. If I was to make another one I would use better material not an old duvet cover, I would also improve the sewing and maybe also have a third compartment for basecoat.
Thank you for reading